Software Advice, a provider of detailed reviews and research on software applications, published a new data-driven evaluation of electronic medical records software providers for independent medical practices. Amongst dozens of EHR and EMR companies, Kareo ranked highest in combined scores, emerging as the leader within the “Leaders” quadrant, according to Software Advice’s ranking matrix.
FrontRunners for EHRs
Ranking results for first quarter of 2017. The FrontRunners evaluation is powered by Gartner Methodology. Gartner is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. FrontRunners scores and graphics are derived from individual end-user reviews based on their own experiences, vendor-supplied information and publicly available product information; they do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
The Data-Driven Scoring System
Aptly named the “FrontRunners” analysis, this data-driven assessment identifies products in the EHR and EMR software market that offer the best capability and value for independent medical practices. Here’s an overview of their scoring structure:
- User satisfaction with the product’s capabilities
- The breadth of functionality within the software
- An assessment of whether the software company is likely to grow and continue serving the customer base.
- User satisfaction with the value provided by the product, including scores about how likely users are to recommend the product to others and how valuable they consider the product to be relative to its price.
- Level of adoption -- whether the product has achieved higher adoption in the industry with a larger customer base and professionals who have experience with the product, the number of user reviews through Gartner and, interestingly, the number of times per month people search for the product on Google.
Overall, Kareo scored highest among the group that qualified as Leaders. “Leaders are all-around strong products. They offer a wide range of functionality to a wide range of customers. These products are considered highly valuable by customers,” according to the FrontRunners description. See the full analysis.
Choosing the Right EHR
As the only fully integrated, cloud-based EHR designed specifically for the success of independent practices, Kareo Clinical focuses on these main service goals:
- Providing a highly configurable EHR that can be customized to any independent practice needs.
- Helping practices move files and connect seamlessly with billing.
- Creating easy to use but powerful functionality, and providing the personal attention and support needed for implementation and continued training.
To help practices assess their needs and decide on the EHR that’s best for them, Kareo offers free educational resources, including: